Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Small Leap Forward

Whew, what a week. 47 hour weekends suck, but I'll make due. I didn't do GDC but I really wish I had. Next year? I guess it's okay cause I have the tail end of SXSW coming up this next weekend and PAX East is less than a month away. It will be my first time in Boston so that should be worth it. Also my buddy Xavi picked me up a new book. Can't wait to see it tomorrow!

Lord of the Rings: Rewatching the extended versions for the first time in around 5 years. This is still the greatest fantasy series ever. To say that I am pumped for the hobbit would be an understatement.  You owe it to yourself to watch this trailer if you haven't already.

Kindoms of Amalur: Reckoning: Curt Schilling broke the Red Sox long drought in the World Series. He then went and founded 38 Studios. Now his company in partnership with Big Huge Games is breaking ground in Action RPG's with great art, gameplay, design, world building and hell of a great start to a new franchise. Amalur is the good stuff.

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. If you have a Vita you need to own this game, if only for the math jokes. Remember, Math Jokes are the First Sine of Madness.

Darksiders 2 Art Contest: I like to abuse myself by trying to compete in art contests against unemployed game artists with way more ZBrush experience. Maybe not my greatest idea, but it's fun to do the work (as if I don't have enough already. Tons of great entries here. If you dig way deep down you might find mine here.

This weekend marked the passing of Moebius. The whole art community is in debt to this great innovator and his contributions to fantasy art, movies and comics. He will be sorely missed.


Time to pour a drink down my gullet for a dead homie. RIP Jean Giraud.

No comments:

Post a Comment